Today DTH Satellite TV has become most successful and is utilizing by many DTH TV Services. Here we have provided the very basic concepts of DTH Technology and its working principle. By this, you can understand clearly about the DTH Satellite. Using DTH Service you can enjoy high picture quality on your TV when compared it with the Cable network. So, understand the concept of Direct-to-home Satellite TV and get one of the best DTH TV connection from the available services. Also, you can check the benefits of DTH Satellite TV.
DTH TV Direct-to-Home
First of all, we discuss DTH Technology. The DTH Technology is receiving of Satellite signals on a TV with the help of individual Dish at each home. In the DTH Technology, you won’t need any Cable wires from outside of the house for making a connection. The only cable required is to connect from the dish to the Set-top-box which is near TV, then from Set-Top-Box to the TV. The satellites that are used in the DTH technology is geostationary satellites. These satellites compress the signals digitally and encrypt them and then transfer the signals from high-powered geostationary satellites. Then these signals are received by the Dishes and that are provided to DTH Consumers by the DTH providers.
Comparison between DTH TV and Cable TV
The comparison between DTH TV and the Cable TV is as follows. The Cable TV still uses analog signals for transmission. Thus the analog signals are sent through the long cables. But there is a lot of signal loss due to this long cables. So, you will not get good clarity picture and sound in the TV set due to signal loss.
Whereas on the other hand, the DTH transmits digital signals directly received from the satellite then it sends to the Dish. Therefore, the signals which are received by the Dish are very high-frequency signals. So, those high-frequency signals are converted to lower frequencies signals. Then they are amplified and transmit through short cables to the set-top-box. Because of this reasons, there is no signal loss, and you will get excellent picture quality and sound when compared to the cable TV. Finally, the DTH TV is better than Cable TV.
Advantages or Benefits of DTH Technology
The DTH means Direct-to-home cable services. There are many benefits of using DTH Technology. Because DTH is the latest technology and overcomes many issues where Cable TV can’t do. So, here we have given some of the advantages. They are
- With DTH Service you can get direct TV connection to your home which can be placed anywhere in the country. i.e. there is no boundary of the area because as the DTH service is based on the satellite signals not requiring any cable wire.
- The main advantage is that the technology is beneficial to everyone. Because as the process of DTH is wireless so, it can use in all urban and remote areas.
- The DTH provides high definition picture and sound quality when compared to others. Due to this, you can not get much strain on your eyes and ears.
- As there are no mediators if there is any problem you need to directly communicate to the provider.
- You can get almost 4000 channels along with 2000 radio channels. Among all those channels you can select the channel’s programs of your wish. Also, you can watch some live programs and other news and entertainment channels with the DTH Connection.
- With single DTH Connection, you can able to enjoy digital quality picture and sound.
Working Principle of DTH Satellite TV
The DTH Satellite TV have mainly five components. They are
- Programming Source
- The Broadcast Center
- The Satellite
- The Satellite Dish
- The Receiver
- The Programming Sources are simply the channels which provide programming for Broadcast. The provider won’t create program itself. It pays other companies to write a program to broadcast their content via satellite. Like this, the provider is a broker between you and other programming sources.
- Broadcast Center is a central hub of the Satellite system. At the Broadcast Center, the TV provider receives signals from various programming sources and focus light to the satellite which is in the geostationary orbit.
- The Satellite receives the signal from the Broadcast station and then it rebroadcasts the signal to the Earth.
- After that, the Satellite Dish takes the signal from the Satellite and passes it on to the receiver in the Viewer’s house.
- Finally, the Receiver process the signal and then passes it on to a standard Television.
For more information look at these detailed steps mentioned below.
- Mainly the Satellite TV Providers will get programming from two primary sources like International turnaround Channels and Various Local Channels.
- The Turnaround channels usually have a distribution center that beams their programming code to a geostationary satellite. Broadcast Center uses large dishes to receive these digital and analog signal from various sources.
- It converts the programming into high quality and uncompressed stream. The Stream contains a large quality of data i.e. 270 megabits per second of each channel. So, near Broadcast stream converts high-quality video goes through the MPEG-2 encoder that converts programming to the MPEG-2 video.
Encryption and Transmission
- After the signal is compressed & encrypted, then the Broadcast center focus the light to one of the satellites. Then the satellite takes the signal, amplifies it and again focus it back to Earth, where users can use it.
- The Satellite Dish is a kind of antenna designed to focus on a particular broadcast source. Also, the Dish consists of parabolic shaped surface with a central feed horn.
- Feed horn is an LNB or low noise block down converter. It mainly amplifies the signals and filters out the noise. Then the LNB passes the filtered and amplified signal to the receiver which is inside the viewer’s house.
- It is the end of the component in the entire Satellite TV system. It mainly processes the signal received from the Dish.
- It converts the digital MPEG-2 signals and converts it into an analog signal which the standard TV should understand.
- The receivers come with features like parental lock-out options, and some receivers have built-in-Digital video recorders which let you pause the live TV Shows, or you can record it on a hard drive.
Now the DTH have made many rural and remote areas dreams to come true. Also, it helps to develop the economy of the country. In future, there is a chance to launch the DTH Internet service. For more details about DTH Services like TATA Sky, Airtel, Dish TV, Reliance, and others you can visit our website www.channellist.in